Romany Malco
Be the first person like this
Be the first person to like this
Be the first person like this
Romany Malco
and  reacted this
WanderingCrys
A few years ago, my therapist asked me "What if they do it again?" In that moment we were speaking about my parents but "they" can be anyone. That one question changed everything for me. In that moment I realized I was not going to change my parents or how they treat me. But I am responsible for how I cope and react to their treatment. In any relationship it my is my responsibility to to use healthy coping skills to deal with any perceived mistreatment that may occur in my life.
Romany Malco
Didn't even realize you'd commented. "What if they do it again?" is a potent question. It forces you to make a decision and then makes you realize you had the option of making a decision years ago.
WanderingCrys
Putting it in to practice took a minute, but forcing my self to change the narrative away from "he/she hurt me" allows me to create boundaries and make better choices on who I allow to have my energy.
and  liked this
and  reacted this
WanderingCrys
A few years ago, my therapist asked me "What if they do it again?" In that moment we were speaking about my parents but "they" can be anyone. That one question changed everything for me. In that moment I realized I was not going to change my parents or how they treat me. But I am responsible for how...View more
Romany Malco
Didn't even realize you'd commented. "What if they do it again?" is a potent question. It forces you to make a decision and then makes you realize you had the option of making a decision years ago.
WanderingCrys
Putting it in to practice took a minute, but forcing my self to change the narrative away from "he/she hurt me" allows me to create boundaries and make better choices on who I allow to have my energy.
View more